[FRIAM] mindfulness mode

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Tue Feb 7 15:11:45 EST 2023

I do appreciate your addition of mal-anthropic to mis-anthropic and
-plait- it into the LLM of my own mind/soul/self alongside dis-ease vs
disease and anti/a-social.

I also appreciate the reference to the "dose is the poison" which
jives/jibes well with the  ideation that "our allergies are our
addictictions"...

One of my mother's favorite ditties when I was growing up was:

    /man is a curious creature//
    //always wanting what is not//
    //when it is hot, he wants it cold//
    //and when it is cold, he wants it hot//
    //... always wanting what is not/

and yes, I was raised entirely on a diet of oldey-timey aphorisms, weak
limericks and golden age song-lyrics while others might have been raised
on Lucky Charms, Wolf Man Jack, broadcast Television, Bruce Lee Movies,
Video Games and Tik Tok memes. "How much IS that doggy innuendo?" I keep
asking.

Jochen's reference to our cerebral cortex including (being nearly
entirely made up of?) LLMs whose overlaps amongst us are  large enough
to allow/support/demand communication but whose underlaps or mal-
aprop/anthrop/social -ness "makes it interesting" (or at least not
entirely redundant).

  I do think that we, in our communication (and by we and our I mean not
just 1st world geeks but probably all humanity and other life running
through our domesticates to vermin to proper "wildlife" and all elements
of the biosphere which therefore are "interactive" with us at some
level) are stirring a meta-LLM whose predicates and propositions exist
across a multisensory range well beyond the spoken/written human Natural
Language.

I have been observing our new puppy and kitten (now adolescents as they
approach a year in dog/cat age) with one another, with each of us, with
the birds at the feeder outside our picture window (aka "bird tv"), the
limited amount of foot/vehicle traffic that is within view of the
house/yard, and even people/animals that are depicted on our 50" TV now
and again (only  the dog "sees" them, and then only occasionally... his
last hysterical response was to the sillhouette of a giraffe at a
Nabibian water hole which I had live via webcam for ambience, speaking
of not running cynical mal-apropic/anthropic/social affirmations as
background/ambient noise).   He *does not* seem to care at all about
(recognize?) the several different webcams watching eagles
warming/protecting their hatchlings above Big Bear CA or Sanibel island,
FL, but giraffes even more than wildebeasts and elephants seem to be his
nemeses?    How is it that the silhouette of a giraffe is even IN his
visual vocabulary?   I haven't seen him respond to Octupii yet, but that
experiment (on myself as much as him) has just started.