[FRIAM] Nick's Categories

Eric Charles eric.phillip.charles at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 21:04:17 EST 2023

"an account of the seemingly analogous position of panpsychism"

What is that more than something people say?

Do *you* experience the dirt at your feet as having a mental life? If so,
tell me about it: What is the dirt like when it seems to be doing mental
stuff? What kind of mental stuff is it doing?

If not: Have you seen anyone who earnestly thinks the dirt is doing mental
stuff? If so, what were *they* like? How was that belief pervasive in their
adjustments to the world? Based on your experiences with that person, how
do you think your ways of acting in the world would change if you adopted
such a position?

<echarles at american.edu>