[FRIAM] Nick's Categories

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 12:26:34 EST 2023

But the bot *does* have a body. It just doesn't take the same form as a human body.

I disagree re: panpsychism revolving around "interest" or "intention" ... or even "acting". It's more about accumulation and the tendency of cumulative objects to accumulate (and differentiate). Perhaps negentropy is a closer concept than "interest" or "intention". And, although I disagree that experience monism is more primitive than panpsychism, I agree that these forms of panpsychism require mechanisms for composition (against which James is famous) and other structure.

I don't think I'll be able to attend Thursday until/unless I lose my revenue-generating gig. We have a standing meeting every other Thursday at 9am PST and many other sporadic meetings across Thursday mornings. Thursday seems to be a "nothing else happens that day" day. Meetings are universally bad. But they are a sign you're not totally irrelevant. 8^D Now, Wednesday? Yeah, I could probably do many Wednesdays.

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ