[FRIAM] Nick's Categories

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 13:32:22 EST 2023

[sigh] But the whole point of knowing other people is so that they can make your own work more efficient or effective. While I appreciate the *citation* of tomes, to some extent, citation isn't really useful for construction of a concept. It's only useful for auditing constructs. So, rather than go read the teleodynamics website (or sieve Sheldrake's spooky action at a distance stuff), I'll ask you to explain *why* teleodynamics is interesting from a panpsychist stance? (Or to drive my point home about how useless citations are, how is it related to Biology's First Law <https://bookshop.org/p/books/biology-s-first-law-the-tendency-for-diversity-and-complexity-to-increase-in-evolutionary-systems-daniel-w-mcshea/8308564?ean=9780226562261>?)

Or, barring that, I'll add it to my (practically) infinite queue of stuff I should read but probably won't until I have a hook into it. And even if I do read it, I probably won't understand it.

With the Toribio article, I'm motivated to read it because BC Smith hooked me a long time ago. But Sheldrake? No way in hell am I going to invest time in that. Teleodynamics? Well, it's a website. And the website for ninjas is more interesting: http://www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ