[FRIAM] Friday AM

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon Jan 2 15:01:25 EST 2023

The last time I went in for a wellness check, the doctor seemed annoyed that I was there.   I left, humiliated.

But it has been a while, and I am wondering what it would take to actually learn something from a checkup.  Is there some standard package of broad blood tests and/or MRIs that would be a clue I was becoming gravely ill?  I was just shopping for new insurance and was excited to learn all the things I can prepare for (Aflac's various products).   What would I even ask for?

A few years ago, I had a car accident on the snow in Santa Fe and had to have quite a bit of work done on my car.   I have to say billing the insurance for that was very satisfying.  I had been paying all these years and had nothing to show for it.   It is especially true for my medical coverage.

To me going to the doctor is just an opportunity to get COVID-19 in the waiting room.  How can I get more from this experience?

Marcus