[FRIAM] unrest in SoAm & Global ideological/sociopolitical/economic alignment...

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 18:20:12 EST 2023

Unless I missed it Mexico wasn't mentioned.  I've been there multiple times
and I cultivated friendships with university students and young employees
in the early 90s.  Although I initially contacted these people via internet
Debby and I eventually met a number of them and their families during our
trips there.  Two of them came to Pittsburgh to work or study at Carnegie
Mellon.  These interactions led to our adopting a Mexican child.

An observation:  most of those people have 5 or 6 siblings but only 2 or 3
children.  With a couple of exceptions they are substantially more educated
than their parents.  Perhaps a new Golden Age is looming, at least for
Mexico.  The narcotraficantes aren't helping.

---
Frank C. Wimberly
140 Calle Ojo Feliz,
Santa Fe, NM 87505