[FRIAM] NickC channels DaveW

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Jan 18 17:09:09 EST 2023

> Sadly, there are some hidden elements to all that techno-optimism. E.g.
> https://nitter.cz/billyperrigo/status/1615682180201447425#m

<tongue-in-cheek>

    sounds like the "woke mob" is interfering with patriotic bestial
    pedophiles who are just exercising their first, second, maybe fifth
    and just in case, the ninth amendment rights? ...

</tic>

Every time I respond to a Captcha challenge, I feel as if I'm being
conscripted to help train an image recognition ML model. And do we know
how (not if) OpenAI, et alii are using *our questions* to train a new
(subset of) model?