[FRIAM] ChatGPT and William James

Russ Abbott russ.abbott at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 18:36:30 EST 2023

Hard to see how you could simulate an infant on the basis of input it's
received. It cries; it smiles; it pees; it poops; it pumps blood; it
breathes, etc. There are many experiments in which one concludes things
about what's going on in an infant's brain by how long it looks at
something.

-- Russ Abbott
Professor Emeritus, Computer Science