[FRIAM] parameter tuning

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 13:45:33 EST 2023

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?cond=&term=psilocybin&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?cond=&term=mdma&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?cond=&term=cannabis&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?cond=&term=DMT&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/muscimol

Your mileage may vary (YMMV), of course. But the significance of this post, to me, targets the "mechanism of action" for these types of drug. Yes, it's just another story. But it *is* another story, and from a well-respected member of his domain. And for those of you who enjoy biographies and memoirs (I don't), that may be a boon, too.

In the context of the setup I inferred from EricS' post on the difference between a baby and a bot, there's no crisp line between neurotransmitters ("input"?) and hormones ("parameters"?). But the context in which a given molecule acts as a part of some process (cf SteveS' contribution) tells us which role they're playing (e.g. epinephrine). Muscimol is particularly interesting for its interaction with the GABA system, as opposed to 5HT.

If there is a buried treasure, it's in the same family as Strawson's "Against Narrativity". So if you've read that (or decided you don't care about such) and/or you don't feel the interest in MoAs for psychedelics and you don't enjoy biographies, then there's no treasure for you, buried or otherwise.

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ