[FRIAM] Bing Chat vs ChatGPT

Jochen Fromm jofr at cas-group.net
Mon Mar 20 14:12:46 EDT 2023

I've read that Bing Chat is now available for everyone in this blog post..https://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/202x/2023/03/14/Binging..and it really seems to be available now for everyone. I have tried it and it feels horrible though. The overall experience is totally different from ChatGPT. Bing Chat is stubborn and repetitive. Do you remember Clippy the office assistant? Bing Chat is like Clippy: it is simply annoying. And if you say something that it doesn't like it aborts the conversation abruptly. Microsoft took something valuable and ruined it.-J.