[FRIAM] Stephen Hawkings final theory

Russell Standish lists at hpcoders.com.au
Sat Mar 25 18:07:51 EDT 2023

As a longtime proponent of the idea that physics is the result of
evolution, I was surprised that Hawking might also have thought so.

For me, John Wheeler's approach ("particpatory universe") is perhaps
the most canonical, with Lee Smolin's "black holes giving birth to new
universes with their own black holes" being an interesting variant.

Cheers

On Sun, Mar 19, 2023 at 06:38:35PM +0100, Jochen Fromm wrote:
> Certainly true the phrase. Reminds me of "Cosmic Evolution" by Eric Chaisson
> and "The Life of the Cosmos" by Lee Smolin.
>
> If you think about it, then it is obvious that new objects emerge in the
> universe in the course of time, and that new laws are required to describe
> them, based on their properties and symmetries.
>
> -J.

Dr Russell Standish                    Phone 0425 253119 (mobile)
Principal, High Performance Coders     hpcoder at hpcoders.com.au
                      http://www.hpcoders.com.au