[FRIAM] a little help from my friends

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 10:22:50 EDT 2023

One of the issues I'm struggling with at the moment is workflow [in]formality as related to data provenance. Analogous to "no free lunch", I claim there's no such thing as raw data. From this perspective "code" is nothing but a (set of) transformations of data (perhaps including other code, or itself - taking oneself as data for oneself leads to transformation ordering, which might imply another claim: there's no such thing as 1st order transforms - it's transforms all the way down).

High quality code is dual to its data. Any code from which you can't infer "fit to purpose" data is bad code. Vice versa, any data from which you can't infer "fit to purpose" code, is bad data.

YMMV, of course.

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ