[FRIAM] “Cannot connect to DNS server.

Russell Standish lists at hpcoders.com.au
Fri May 19 01:10:56 EDT 2023

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of days ago. All attempts
to connect to mail.hpcoders.com.au were met with "Network not
available", even though www.hpcoders.com.au and hpcoders.com.au were
all fine (all 3 domain names point to the IP number).

The next morning, everything was back to normal. I can only think
there was some DNS poisoning happening. Changing DNS server to
Google's or CloudFlares didn't help. dig worked normally, but nslookup
complained of a corrupted DNS response packet. All too weird.

Cheers

On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 10:58:33PM -0600, Nicholas Thompson wrote:
> After two days and four hours of tinkering, it just corrected itself,
> overnight. I have no idea why.
>
> Sent from my Dumb Phone
>
> On May 17, 2023, at 4:31 PM, Nicholas Thompson <thompnickson2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Any thoughts? My wife’s Mac and my cell phone are both able to connect to the
> Internet. My computer is able to put in the modem. I have run the Microsoft
> troubleshoot protocol three times without success. Trouble chooser suggest it
> might be a firewall problem. I I have McAfee.
> Sent from my Dumb Phone

> Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe   /   Thursdays 9a-12p Zoom https://bit.ly/virtualfriam
> archives:  5/2017 thru present https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/

Dr Russell Standish                    Phone 0425 253119 (mobile)
Principal, High Performance Coders     hpcoder at hpcoders.com.au
                      http://www.hpcoders.com.au