[FRIAM] Comparing negative numbers

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri Apr 12 19:27:51 EDT 2024

Nick -

If your model is that the the instability of the cat-cat-food situation
is positively (and nominally linearly) correlated with the distance
between them (more likely inversely, but that is a separate issue) then
the absolute value is a very reasonable way of removing any implied
issues with your chosen units.

Why do you consider the steps to be -1...-8... rather than 1...8...?
is the food at 0?   is the significance that D must pass E to get to F?

It seems to me that the (in)stability goes to infinity when E and D are
on the same step (divide by zero)?

Can you articulate in natural language (as talking to George who is full
of shit) your more full model of what this (in)stability between cats
involving steps and food (and yourself?)?   Assume a 1-D arrangement
(up/down stairs) like physicists assume spherical cows?

- Steve