[FRIAM] The problems of interdisciplinary research

Roger Critchlow rec at elf.org
Fri Feb 9 19:45:15 EST 2024

Yeah, it seems like the premise of the cartoon, or maybe Jochen's
interpretation, was that people have limited scopes of application, and the
average scope of application doesn't include interdisciplinary research.
But there are people who have larger scope and have a lot of fun doing
interdisciplinary projects.  And if an interdisciplinary group can adapt to
its participant areas of strength, lots of interesting things can happen.

-- rec --