[FRIAM] Breaking Bad and Free Will

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri Jan 26 12:32:10 EST 2024

> The person that knows their path is bound, rationally discards the
> self-regulation of guilt, and in that sense has more “freedom”.

Yah... that's kinda the vibe I get from DT, Bannon, Stone, Miller and
many of the Jan 6 crowd.

I have a thing with the triad of Blame/Shame/Guilt....   I think a lot
of folks conflate Shame and Guilt and avoid the (healthy?)
self-regulation of Guilt in the name of refusing to be
(unhealthily)Shamed.   Shame-avoidance does seem to enhance
Freedom-sensation the same way a warm gun fits the hand (Beetles
reference), but Guilt-embrace seems (to me) to allow for a finer
attention to detail in the fractal landscape of Choice (whether it is an
illusion or not) which maybe in some way increases freedom of choice/will?

I'm probably wrong about all this (whatever wrong means in this case)
but it is how I have come to model my own personal responsibility (no
matter what Sapolsky says about whether I have any choices or not).

My own Labrynthian path through the Maze of Being is something of a
Return to Grace journey...  not literally the Judeo-Christian Grace
(involving Eden and Apples and Serpents and such) but something
metaphorically aligned.  Best I can tell, I'll only reach that state (of
Grace) asymptotically (as with Satori?) on a trajectory of senescence
and/or extinction (of the ego with or without the body)?   At that point
maybe Satori and Grace are synonyms?