<div dir="auto"><div dir="auto">That&#39;s funny, Glen.  Karen Horney probably died before those men were born.  I&#39;m sure you will say that you want current research not ancient wisdom.  I have no ulterior motive.  Just look up &quot;rationalization&quot; in the index.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto"><span style="color:rgb(60,64,67);font-family:roboto,helveticaneue,arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(255,255,255)">&#39;Rationalization may be defined as self- deception by reasoning.&#39; ... Karen Horney, Neurosis and Human Growth</span><br><br><div data-smartmail="gmail_signature" dir="auto">---<br>Frank C. Wimberly<br>140 Calle Ojo Feliz, <br>Santa Fe, NM 87505<br><br>505 670-9918<br>Santa Fe, NM</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Mon, Jun 29, 2020, 4:13 PM \u2204 u\u01ddl\u0183 &lt;<a href="mailto:gepropella@gmail.com" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">gepropella@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Why always with the books? Papers! I want papers! Besides, does Horney&#39;s book criticize Aronson and Mills? I suspect not. It would suck to read a whole book thinking you recommended it for that reason and realizing you recommended it for some other bizarre reason unknown to me.<br>
<br>
On 6/29/20 2:50 PM, Frank Wimberly wrote:<br>
&gt; As a defense mechanism rationalization is primarily characteristic of adolescence.  &quot;I know we&#39;re not supposed to climb up here but I don&#39;t see how it will hurt anything.&quot;  But without explicit language (until confronted).  <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; If you want a reference, Glen, see Karen Horney &quot;Neurosis and Human Growth&quot;.<br>
<br>
-- <br>
\u2623 u\u01ddl\u0183<br>
<br>
- .... . -..-. . -. -.. -..-. .. ... -..-. .... . .-. .<br>
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv<br>
Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6  <a href="http://bit.ly/virtualfriam" rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">bit.ly/virtualfriam</a><br>
un/subscribe <a href="http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com" rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com</a><br>
archives: <a href="http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/FRIAM-COMIC" rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/<br>
FRIAM-COMIC</a> <a href="http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/</a> <br>
</blockquote></div></div>