<div dir="auto">Onan &quot;spilled his seed on the ground.&quot;  No?<br><br><div data-smartmail="gmail_signature">---<br>Frank C. Wimberly<br>140 Calle Ojo Feliz, <br>Santa Fe, NM 87505<br><br>505 670-9918<br>Santa Fe, NM</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sat, Dec 12, 2020, 9:58 AM Prof David West &lt;<a href="mailto:profwest@fastmail.fm">profwest@fastmail.fm</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Onanism?<br>
<br>
I assume you are using the in the modern metaphor/euphemism sense (masturbation/coitus interuptus) but it made me think about words, words, words that reflected the actual &quot;sin&quot; of Onan \u2014 which was pure and simple theft. <br>
<br>
Words placed in front of you, like this text, could be an act of thievery on my part; as I am &#39;stealing&#39; your attention and time if they manage to seduce you into musing about them.<br>
<br>
seductive words might also take us into the biblical realm of adultery which was also a property crime with nothing to do with sex.<br>
<br>
davew<br>
<br>
<br>
On Thu, Dec 10, 2020, at 10:01 AM, u\u01ddl\u0183 \u2199\u2199\u2199 wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Thoughts on the National Constitution Center&#39;s &quot;Constitution Drafting <br>
&gt; Project&quot;<br>
&gt; <a href="https://reason.com/volokh/2020/12/09/thoughts-on-the-national-constitution-centers-constitution-drafting-project/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://reason.com/volokh/2020/12/09/thoughts-on-the-national-constitution-centers-constitution-drafting-project/</a><br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I had no idea such a project was underway! Though it&#39;s possible I <br>
&gt; learned about it and simply forgot. I *feel* like I should have been <br>
&gt; aware of it, given the number of productive arguments I&#39;ve had about <br>
&gt; the electoral college over the past 4 years.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; In particular, I am ignorant of the American Constitution Society <br>
&gt; &lt;<a href="https://www.acslaw.org/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://www.acslaw.org/</a>&gt;, as a &quot;living constitution&quot; complement to the <br>
&gt; Federalist Society (or at least that&#39;s they way Somin describes it. I <br>
&gt; haven&#39;t yet read the Atlantic article he links to ... words, words, <br>
&gt; words ... so many words. Which words extend out into the world and <br>
&gt; which words are mere Onanism?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; -- <br>
&gt; \u2199\u2199\u2199 u\u01ddl\u0183<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; - .... . -..-. . -. -.. -..-. .. ... -..-. .... . .-. .<br>
&gt; FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv<br>
&gt; Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6  <a href="http://bit.ly/virtualfriam" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">bit.ly/virtualfriam</a><br>
&gt; un/subscribe <a href="http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com</a><br>
&gt; archives: <a href="http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/</a><br>
&gt; FRIAM-COMIC <a href="http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/</a> <br>
&gt;<br>
<br>
- .... . -..-. . -. -.. -..-. .. ... -..-. .... . .-. .<br>
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv<br>
Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6  <a href="http://bit.ly/virtualfriam" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">bit.ly/virtualfriam</a><br>
un/subscribe <a href="http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com</a><br>
archives: <a href="http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/FRIAM-COMIC" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/<br>
FRIAM-COMIC</a> <a href="http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/</a> <br>
</blockquote></div>