<html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Consolas;
        panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
span.EmailStyle22
        {mso-style-type:personal-reply;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>
<body lang="EN-US" link="blue" vlink="purple" style="word-wrap:break-word">
<div class="WordSection1">
<p>&lt; If Marcus' nihilist view that &quot;it is all levers&quot; is more true than not, it explains why this grand experiment of &quot;civilization&quot; seems to be collapsing into a cesspool of it's own making, under it's own weight.&nbsp; &gt;<o:p></o:p></p>
<p>I\u2019m not sure why you call it nihilist.&nbsp; &nbsp;If some people are trying to change the world in a way I don\u2019t like, then there is no choice but to push back, especially when persuasion doesn\u2019t work.&nbsp; &nbsp;I\u2019m happy to give to charities that have products like \u201clegal
 defense fund\u201d, even if it isn\u2019t tax deductible.&nbsp;&nbsp; Those organizations seek a goal I have, and I alone couldn\u2019t do it.&nbsp;&nbsp; Leverage.&nbsp;&nbsp; Sure in other cases one begins to have doubts, or mistrust the organizations, like with assured destruction.&nbsp; Even there, I\u2019m
 down with that when it is Obama but not Trump.&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;Believing civil persuasion is always possible is just not aligned with the real world.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p>Marcus <o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
</body>
</html>