<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
</head>
<body dir="auto">
She seems concerned that vaccinated people will spread Delta, Lambda to the unvaccinated. &nbsp; &nbsp;Ooh, can we? &nbsp; :-)<br>
<div dir="ltr"><br>
<blockquote type="cite">On Aug 7, 2021, at 2:17 PM, Frank Wimberly &lt;wimberly3@gmail.com&gt; wrote:<br>
<br>
</blockquote>
</div>
<blockquote type="cite">
<div dir="ltr">\ufeff
<div dir="auto">Gail Tverberg:&nbsp; does anyone have an opinion about her?&nbsp; Based on her career as an actuary she writes various blog posts and articles warning of imminent disasters related to Covid, oil prices, etc.&nbsp; When I search for commentaries about her I
 find almost nothing except items that she has written.&nbsp; She is associated with &quot;Our Finite World&quot;.<br>
<br>
<div data-smartmail="gmail_signature">---<br>
Frank C. Wimberly<br>
140 Calle Ojo Feliz, <br>
Santa Fe, NM 87505<br>
<br>
505 670-9918<br>
Santa Fe, NM</div>
</div>
<br>
<div class="gmail_quote">
<div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sat, Aug 7, 2021, 1:28 PM Marcus Daniels &lt;<a href="mailto:marcus@snoutfarm.com">marcus@snoutfarm.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
</div>
<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
<div dir="auto">No need for victims when there are (pandemic) volunteers. &nbsp;<br>
<div dir="ltr"><br>
<blockquote type="cite">On Aug 7, 2021, at 11:43 AM, Steve Smith &lt;<a href="mailto:sasmyth@swcp.com" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">sasmyth@swcp.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
<br>
</blockquote>
</div>
<blockquote type="cite">
<div dir="ltr">\ufeff Marcus -<br>
<blockquote type="cite">
<div>
<p class="MsoNormal">The pushback on everything from low wattage lighting to mask mandates leaves me thinking that there is really only one thing that motivates certain people:&nbsp; That they can do whatever the hell they want and, crucially, that other people
 cannot.&nbsp; &nbsp;A living wage infringes on that ranking and so must be terrible. &nbsp;&nbsp;What if there were physical space for everyone, food for everyone, and many optional ways to invest one\u2019s time?&nbsp;&nbsp; What if one didn\u2019t need a wage at all?&nbsp; What if you had to decide
 for yourself what was worth doing?&nbsp; Heck, what if one (some post-human) didn\u2019t even need food and didn\u2019t need to reproduce?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>Sounds Utopian... erh... Dystopian... no... UTOPIAN!&nbsp;&nbsp; Uhm... I just hope posthumans collectively find the rest of us boring enough to leave alone and interesting enough to not need to extinct us.&nbsp;&nbsp; Homo Neanderthalenses had a long run (~.4My?) before Homo
 Sapiens Sapiens found our way into their territory and apparently ran over them with our aggressive adaptivity (over a period of tens of thousands of years).&nbsp;&nbsp; I suspect *some* trans/post humans will also have a somewhat more virulent (or at least very short
 time-constant) adaptivity indistinguishable (to us) from extermination-class aggression.</p>
<p>I like the fairy tale Spike Jonze wove on this topic with <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Her_(film)" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">
HER</a>, and in particular the virtual <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Watts" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">
Alan Watts</a> conception.&nbsp; But I highly doubt we might be so lucky.&nbsp;&nbsp; More likely some version of &quot;the Borg&quot; or &quot;Cylons&quot; or &quot;Replicators&quot; or (passive aggressive) &quot;Humanoids&quot; (minus the gratuitous anthropomorphism).&nbsp;&nbsp; To us, it will probably look more like
 a &quot;grey goo&quot; scenario.&nbsp; Or perhaps more aptly hyperspectral rainbow-goo.</p>
<p>At the current rate of change/acceleration/jerk in technosocial change I may even live to see the whites of the eyes of the hypersonic train headlights I mistook for &quot;light at the end of the tunnel&quot;.</p>
<p>I'm going to go now to get my telescoping (drywall stilts) runner's legs fit in place of the organic ones I grew (and then abused/neglected) over the past 65 years.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm holding out for AR corneal transplants for a few more months, I think it will be worth
 the long wait for the upgraded features and the new neural lace interface specs.</p>
<p>- Sieve<br>
</p>
<span>- .... . -..-. . -. -.. -..-. .. ... -..-. .... . .-. .</span><br>
<span>FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv</span><br>
<span>Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6 &nbsp;<a href="http://bit.ly/virtualfriam" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">bit.ly/virtualfriam</a></span><br>
<span>un/subscribe <a href="http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">
http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com</a></span><br>
<span>FRIAM-COMIC <a href="http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">
http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/</a></span><br>
<span>archives: <a href="http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">
http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/</a></span><br>
</div>
</blockquote>
</div>
- .... . -..-. . -. -.. -..-. .. ... -..-. .... . .-. .<br>
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv<br>
Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6&nbsp; <a href="http://bit.ly/virtualfriam" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">
bit.ly/virtualfriam</a><br>
un/subscribe <a href="http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">
http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com</a><br>
FRIAM-COMIC <a href="http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">
http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/</a><br>
archives: <a href="http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">
http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/</a><br>
</blockquote>
</div>
<span>- .... . -..-. . -. -.. -..-. .. ... -..-. .... . .-. .</span><br>
<span>FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv</span><br>
<span>Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6 &nbsp;bit.ly/virtualfriam</span><br>
<span>un/subscribe http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com</span><br>
<span>FRIAM-COMIC http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/</span><br>
<span>archives: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/</span><br>
</div>
</blockquote>
</body>
</html>