<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body style="word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" class="">Doh!<div class=""><br class=""></div><div class="">I\u2019m such a dolt, watching the pretty pictures.</div><div class=""><br class=""></div><div class="">They\u2019re both Turing complete, correct? &nbsp;Is there a natural sense of writing a program that, in that algorithmic representation, you know is somehow algorithmically deep in 110, which then becomes something algorithmically interesting under the corresponding representation in Life? &nbsp;If one did that, would all the constructions be so forced that it was tedious and not elucidating of anything? &nbsp;One is better to run \u201canalog\u201d and just relish the evident generative complexity?</div><div class=""><br class=""></div><div class="">Eric</div><div class=""><br class=""></div><div class=""><br class=""></div><div class=""><div><br class=""><blockquote type="cite" class=""><div class="">On Sep 30, 2021, at 5:33 AM, Steve Smith &lt;<a href="mailto:sasmyth@swcp.com" class="">sasmyth@swcp.com</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br class="Apple-interchange-newline"><div class="">
  
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" class="">
  
  <div class="">
    Jon -<br class="">
    <blockquote type="cite" cite="mid:CAH5Jek1uWdp_=-y5UKBEOK8SzgDsQGFcWRoRNgWWs1p8XEmAPg@mail.gmail.com" class="">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" class="">
      <div dir="ltr" class="">
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333"><a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2uhhAXd7PI&amp;ab_channel=ElliotWaite" moz-do-not-send="true" class="">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2uhhAXd7PI&amp;ab_channel=ElliotWaite</a></div>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br class=""><p class="">I never cease to be surprised and fascinated watching simple
      rules generate complex structure and dynamics.</p><p class="">I had a lot of complex reactions to this but I won't waste
      anyone's bandwidth with my reflective rambling...&nbsp; <br class="">
    </p><p class="">Thanks for sharing...<br class="">
    </p><p class="">- Steve<br class="">
    </p>
    <br class="">
  </div>

<br class="">.-- .- -. - / .- -.-. - .. --- -. ..--.. / -.-. --- -. .--- ..- --. .- - .<br class="">FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv<br class="">Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn UTC-6 &nbsp;<a href="http://bit.ly/virtualfriam" class="">bit.ly/virtualfriam</a><br class="">un/subscribe <a href="https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fredfish.com%2fmailman%2flistinfo%2ffriam_redfish.com&amp;c=E,1,PxI9-0YC37IZRbmX8yzr8L7NzcG0zWZyfe1Caz3tpULSakrmrdaMjyGQAgeJaM5E7osCBy-Rl1NRM_aPB1DysK2gF91ZC4rMv7p_L7eni1E3BpjPD8ln&amp;typo=1" class="">https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fredfish.com%2fmailman%2flistinfo%2ffriam_redfish.com&amp;c=E,1,PxI9-0YC37IZRbmX8yzr8L7NzcG0zWZyfe1Caz3tpULSakrmrdaMjyGQAgeJaM5E7osCBy-Rl1NRM_aPB1DysK2gF91ZC4rMv7p_L7eni1E3BpjPD8ln&amp;typo=1</a><br class="">FRIAM-COMIC <a href="https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2ffriam-comic.blogspot.com%2f&amp;c=E,1,EuzfRrXUJAx31WsTjQt51toXK0V-JtJX22Hifwe9RQgoqRezsxMwu75RpdoTkfs5jPoKrh8ji43f8mVnYqKrrLyn-4xdKhbrQrYDQa3q4a4,&amp;typo=1" class="">https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2ffriam-comic.blogspot.com%2f&amp;c=E,1,EuzfRrXUJAx31WsTjQt51toXK0V-JtJX22Hifwe9RQgoqRezsxMwu75RpdoTkfs5jPoKrh8ji43f8mVnYqKrrLyn-4xdKhbrQrYDQa3q4a4,&amp;typo=1</a><br class="">archives:<br class=""> 5/2017 thru present <a href="https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fredfish.com%2fpipermail%2ffriam_redfish.com%2f&amp;c=E,1,wG2gBrdVtU8ZrzTqXZXsF4fyKp7HKQR1Sq38ZxF8RNxX-c0xU2rIPk6DEN-WEBpkdVT2Rv-v2Xvvz97g9SHF20TWNVF1Mk6I-5_5u9sMkwnCJ0t6sP9BNX2bZg0,&amp;typo=1" class="">https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fredfish.com%2fpipermail%2ffriam_redfish.com%2f&amp;c=E,1,wG2gBrdVtU8ZrzTqXZXsF4fyKp7HKQR1Sq38ZxF8RNxX-c0xU2rIPk6DEN-WEBpkdVT2Rv-v2Xvvz97g9SHF20TWNVF1Mk6I-5_5u9sMkwnCJ0t6sP9BNX2bZg0,&amp;typo=1</a><br class=""> 1/2003 thru 6/2021 &nbsp;<a href="http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/" class="">http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/</a><br class=""></div></blockquote></div><br class=""></div></body></html>