<html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Verdana;
        panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Consolas;
        panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        {margin:0in;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
pre
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
        margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:10.0pt;
        font-family:"Courier New";}
span.apple-tab-span
        {mso-style-name:apple-tab-span;}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
        {mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
        mso-style-priority:99;
        mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
        font-family:"Consolas",serif;}
span.EmailStyle25
        {mso-style-type:personal-reply;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=EN-US link=blue vlink=purple style='word-wrap:break-word'><div class=WordSection1><p class=MsoNormal>Hey, Ed, <o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal>Perhaps you are the person to answer this question:  I have snared both of my grandchildren in CA #30, the -son because he is interested in pattern formation in regenerating planaria and the -daughter because she likes really neat stuff.  I would like to give them simple programs so they could generate any one of the 256 rules and see the consequences of them.   I thought I would find several readily at hand, but what I did was a serious of sites which schooled me to write such a program myself.  I am too old for that.  Do you know of any I could email to my -children?  It is the first time in years that I have actually caught their fancy with something, so it would really make me happy. <o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal>Thanks, <o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal>Nick <o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=MsoNormal>Nick Thompson<o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal><a href="mailto:ThompNickSon2@gmail.com"><span style='color:#0563C1'>ThompNickSon2@gmail.com</span></a><o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal><a href="https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/"><span style='color:#0563C1'>https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/</span></a><o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div style='border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=MsoNormal><b>From:</b> Friam &lt;friam-bounces@redfish.com&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Angel Edward<br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, October 24, 2021 5:36 PM<br><b>To:</b> The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group &lt;friam@redfish.com&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [FRIAM] stygmergy, CA's, and [biological] development<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal>In an affine space (vector space + point), an ant\u2019s position is a point and a path or trail can be described by vectors.<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><div><div><p class=MsoNormal>__________<br><br>Ed Angel<br><br>Founding Director, Art, Research, Technology and&nbsp;Science Laboratory (ARTS Lab)<br>Professor Emeritus of Computer Science, University of&nbsp;New Mexico<br><br>1017 Sierra Pinon<br>Santa Fe, NM 87501<br>505-984-0136 (home)<span class=apple-tab-span>                  </span>&nbsp;<span class=apple-tab-span>             </span><a href="mailto:edward.angel@gmail.com">edward.angel@gmail.com</a><br>505-453-4944 (cell)&nbsp;<span class=apple-tab-span>                                                  </span><a href="http://www.cs.unm.edu/~angel">http://www.cs.unm.edu/~angel</a><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><blockquote style='margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p class=MsoNormal>On Oct 24, 2021, at 5:27 PM, Frank Wimberly &lt;<a href="mailto:wimberly3@gmail.com">wimberly3@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p class=MsoNormal style='margin-bottom:12.0pt'>Focusing the application of ant foraging, what is the scalar product of an ant?&nbsp; What is the sum of two ants.&nbsp; Same questions for pheromone trails.&nbsp; If the answer is that scalar product and sum are not general enough.&nbsp; What are the homomorphisms of ants and pheromone trails?<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=MsoNormal>---<br>Frank C. Wimberly<br>140 Calle Ojo Feliz, <br>Santa Fe, NM 87505<br><br>505 670-9918<br>Santa Fe, NM<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p class=MsoNormal>On Sun, Oct 24, 2021, 5:12 PM Jon Zingale &lt;<a href="mailto:jonzingale@gmail.com">jonzingale@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote style='border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in'><div><div><pre style='white-space:pre-wrap'><span style='font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif;color:#333333'>I want to clarify what a dual space is.  I think it is much more general<o:p></o:p></span></pre><pre><span style='font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif;color:#333333'>than Frank thinks it is: </span><span style='color:#333333'><a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adjoint_functors" target="_blank">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adjoint_functors</a><o:p></o:p></span></pre></div></div><p class=MsoNormal><br>.-- .- -. - / .- -.-. - .. --- -. ..--.. / -.-. --- -. .--- ..- --. .- - .<br>FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv<br>Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn UTC-6&nbsp; <a href="http://bit.ly/virtualfriam" target="_blank">bit.ly/virtualfriam</a><br>un/subscribe <a href="http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com" target="_blank">http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com</a><br>FRIAM-COMIC <a href="http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/</a><br>archives:<br>&nbsp;5/2017 thru present <a href="https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/" target="_blank">https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/</a><br>&nbsp;1/2003 thru 6/2021&nbsp; <a href="http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/" target="_blank">http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div><p class=MsoNormal><br>.-- .- -. - / .- -.-. - .. --- -. ..--.. / -.-. --- -. .--- ..- --. .- - .<br>FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv<br>Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn UTC-6 &nbsp;<a href="http://bit.ly/virtualfriam">bit.ly/virtualfriam</a><br>un/subscribe <a href="http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com">http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com</a><br>FRIAM-COMIC <a href="http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/">http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/</a><br>archives:<br>5/2017 thru present <a href="https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/">https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/</a><br>1/2003 thru 6/2021 &nbsp;<a href="http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/">http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/</a><o:p></o:p></p></div></blockquote></div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div></body></html>