<html xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:Helvetica;
        panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Verdana;
        panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Aptos;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        {margin:0in;
        font-size:12.0pt;
        font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.apple-converted-space
        {mso-style-name:apple-converted-space;}
span.gmailsignatureprefix
        {mso-style-name:gmailsignatureprefix;}
span.EmailStyle22
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-size:10.0pt;
        mso-ligatures:none;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style></head><body lang=EN-US link=blue vlink=purple style='word-wrap:break-word'><div class=WordSection1><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt'>The spreadsheet reads Project 2025 and Handmaids Tale to me.   A mafia system and a far-right movement aren\u2019t incompatible, of course.  <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt'>As a step a citizen can take, perhaps I should buy some drive arrays for the big open source LLM images.   That I could get quickly before, you know, the Library of Congress is shut down, and the new government censors prevent questions about the U.S. government in the before times.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div style='border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=MsoNormal><b><span style='font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span></b><span style='font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> Friam &lt;friam-bounces@redfish.com&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Santafe<br><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, January 29, 2025 8:57 AM<br><b>To:</b> The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group &lt;friam@redfish.com&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [FRIAM] From Merle<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><blockquote style='margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt'>I can grasp from their perspective some of the columns in this chart.&nbsp; The one I don\u2019t really get is how did people get so crazy about gender ideology?&nbsp; &nbsp;How is that a basic fissure in our society?&nbsp;&nbsp; I don\u2019t get it.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></blockquote><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><p class=MsoNormal>I am not much persuaded that they really care. &nbsp;As before, it\u2019s about performances of domination, and that happened to be a target they spent a lot of the past four years positioning. &nbsp;Anybody else could serve in that role, and will in the future.&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal>There\u2019s a line in Shawshank Redemption where Tim whateverhisnameis says to Morgan Freeman, about being raped by the prison gang \u201cDo you think it would help if I tell them I\u2019m not gay?\u201d &nbsp;To which Freeman replies \u201cNeither are they. &nbsp;To be gay they\u2019d first have to be human.\u201d<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal>I assume all this is about setting up a constitutional crisis, so that trump can bring a case to the SCOTUS. &nbsp;I believe that he, or the cabal, believe that the stooges spend enough time reading which way the mob blows that, in the next round, they will simply undersign whatever prerogative he asserts that he has. &nbsp;The goal here is to openly deny the absolute opposite-of-constitutionality of putting power of the purse and power of the military both under the executive. &nbsp;I don\u2019t know if they will \u2014 maybe \u2014 but if any of them don\u2019t, he can tell the congress to impeach them, or give a security detail to the others and then make an announcement that the dissenters are enemies of the people, or whatever. &nbsp;Presumably there is a range of follow-on moves.&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal>But the actual goal, on which they have their eyes fixed around all the flashbang grenades, is to turn federal money into a pure mafia patronage system, micromanaged by the executive and his executors. &nbsp;There are people who think they want this. &nbsp;They look at the Russian oligarchs who at the moment have money and boats and prostitutes, and figure they can not think about the others that got shot or poisoned or thrown out windows. &nbsp;And they think that system looks like a pretty good life for them. &nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal>I think all the other institutional harassment is crowd entertainment (and expenditure cutting, so that together with ballooning the debt, the remaining money can be directed elsewhere). &nbsp;Real things like environmental regulations, arts, etc., may get extinguished, and science may get Lysenkoed into service to Musk. &nbsp;So NSF and NASA can take real harm very quickly. &nbsp;Maybe NIH too; depends on who sends bribes and how good they are at getting noticed.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal>It\u2019s an interesting question what I, some individual person, should do that is somehow helpful, in a context where this is the collection of people we have to deal with.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal>Eric<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=MsoNormal><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><blockquote style='margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p class=MsoNormal>On Jan 29, 2025, at 11:32, Marcus Daniels &lt;<a href="mailto:marcus@snoutfarm.com">marcus@snoutfarm.com</a>&gt; wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt'>There\u2019s so much crazy about this, it\u2019s hard to know where to start.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt'>I can grasp from their perspective some of the columns in this chart.&nbsp; The one I don\u2019t really get is how did people get so crazy about gender ideology?&nbsp; &nbsp;How is that a basic fissure in our society?&nbsp;&nbsp; I don\u2019t get it.&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class=apple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span></span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt'>We need Skynet to straighten this out.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div style='border:none;border-top:solid windowtext 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in;border-color:currentcolor currentcolor;border-image: none'><div><p class=MsoNormal><b><span style='font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span></b><span class=apple-converted-space><span style='font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span></span><span style='font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>Friam &lt;<a href="mailto:friam-bounces@redfish.com">friam-bounces@redfish.com</a>&gt;<span class=apple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><b>On Behalf Of<span class=apple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span></b>Merle Lefkoff<br><b>Sent:</b><span class=apple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span>Wednesday, January 29, 2025 8:21 AM<br><b>To:</b><span class=apple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span>The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group &lt;<a href="mailto:friam@redfish.com">friam@redfish.com</a>&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b><span class=apple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span>[FRIAM] From Merle</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><p class=MsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><div><div><div><div><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif'>Thought you would like to take a look at the government programs that will be shut down.&nbsp; Trump is a whole systems kinda guy.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><div><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><div><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#500050'>&nbsp;&nbsp;</span><span style='font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif'><a href="https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000194-ad9c-de9c-a5b6-efbd29400000" target="_blank"><span style='font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000194-ad9c-de9c-a5b6-efbd29400000</span></a></span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><br clear=all><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><div><p class=MsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><p class=MsoNormal><span class=gmailsignatureprefix>--</span><span class=apple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><p class=MsoNormal>Merle Lefkoff, Ph.D.<br>Center for Emergent Diplomacy<br><a href="https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2femergentdiplomacy.org&amp;c=E,1,1fHz92eJdHRM1mYq1OTaVgNcYYlwPHKmqrGU8GeM6CDmSqMURGjgFeFt28y4uUA_zQxWhjG5ZwYk_zLIRk0Z-tsNVBAaf5LWvMOEOITQrJmc&amp;typo=1" target="_blank">emergentdiplomacy.org</a><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><div><p class=MsoNormal>Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><div><p class=MsoNormal><br>mobile: &nbsp;(303) 859-5609<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><div><p class=MsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>.- .-.. .-.. / ..-. --- --- - . .-. ... / .- .-. . / .-- .-. --- -. --. / ... --- -- . / .- .-. . / ..- ... . ..-. ..- .-..<br>FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv<br>Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe &nbsp;&nbsp;/ &nbsp;&nbsp;Thursdays 9a-12p Zoom<span class=apple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span></span><a href="https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fbit.ly%2fvirtualfriam&amp;c=E,1,0L7UYugREEcyhvZFlYkxPzcPUyY6Sd_ktdFUvQXoFGpuyrBwPnmGqAzXMyL8sm9sZT2kdg4IEcD-zKJdz61n2VS83lorHJRah079-z1eAvceWNOt&amp;typo=1"><span style='font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fbit.ly%2fvirtualfriam&amp;c=E,1,0L7UYugREEcyhvZFlYkxPzcPUyY6Sd_ktdFUvQXoFGpuyrBwPnmGqAzXMyL8sm9sZT2kdg4IEcD-zKJdz61n2VS83lorHJRah079-z1eAvceWNOt&amp;typo=1</span></a><span style='font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'><br>to (un)subscribe<span class=apple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span></span><a href="https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fredfish.com%2fmailman%2flistinfo%2ffriam_redfish.com&amp;c=E,1,uJ6RqgXZzIFsmKkRzductDRLouz4EcDtcfnRPBKTswN_DXidiHWpJH8ZzVC5Pn2EXOZz_l4vYC-6x0hz4zaks0ubjGqEr3Q5iys4PrCN&amp;typo=1"><span style='font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fredfish.com%2fmailman%2flistinfo%2ffriam_redfish.com&amp;c=E,1,uJ6RqgXZzIFsmKkRzductDRLouz4EcDtcfnRPBKTswN_DXidiHWpJH8ZzVC5Pn2EXOZz_l4vYC-6x0hz4zaks0ubjGqEr3Q5iys4PrCN&amp;typo=1</span></a><span style='font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'><br>FRIAM-COMIC<span class=apple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span></span><a href="https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2ffriam-comic.blogspot.com%2f&amp;c=E,1,qvsuBND1P-kNpZmnX_5lIT-cfOH9U8sMm04IPgNWo6DmSmYXCfWdfXWFayN5jz6_EcX3dS0N9gc0_Y8aAHG-i_bdN1jmVEEIlviUMfB0TmBVragKopAxobR4&amp;typo=1"><span style='font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2ffriam-comic.blogspot.com%2f&amp;c=E,1,qvsuBND1P-kNpZmnX_5lIT-cfOH9U8sMm04IPgNWo6DmSmYXCfWdfXWFayN5jz6_EcX3dS0N9gc0_Y8aAHG-i_bdN1jmVEEIlviUMfB0TmBVragKopAxobR4&amp;typo=1</span></a><span style='font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'><br>archives: &nbsp;5/2017 thru present<span class=apple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span></span><a href="https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fredfish.com%2fpipermail%2ffriam_redfish.com%2f&amp;c=E,1,m3dreO5D-fbXm18yizGTk8zeQqHEN7vBZh9A375jvF4HgUMfLnxkARpwUgS6r1u87QbILEysXRvTfi1zg3CRdG98qKm8DJauenuDSIqaAYG-3PZzP1jnSMaSd3o,&amp;typo=1"><span style='font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fredfish.com%2fpipermail%2ffriam_redfish.com%2f&amp;c=E,1,m3dreO5D-fbXm18yizGTk8zeQqHEN7vBZh9A375jvF4HgUMfLnxkARpwUgS6r1u87QbILEysXRvTfi1zg3CRdG98qKm8DJauenuDSIqaAYG-3PZzP1jnSMaSd3o,&amp;typo=1</span></a><span style='font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'><br>&nbsp;1/2003 thru 6/2021 &nbsp;</span><a href="http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/"><span style='font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/</span></a><o:p></o:p></p></div></blockquote></div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div></body></html>