<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <br>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:1ba88621-acae-4eba-8408-c43a3ced7c14@gmail.com"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=gross">https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=gross</a>
      <br>
      <br>
      AKA great! 8^D <br>
    </blockquote>
    <p>I knew the French <em data-start="248" data-end="265">grosse
        douzaine </em><span data-start="248" data-end="265">or dozen of
        dozen (sq in in a sq ft also) but not of the "gross hundreds" as
        112 which seems to vaguely echo the "bakers dozen" of 13? 
         Anecdotally I've been told the 13&gt;12 was to A) rule out
        being accused of "shorting" and/or one sacrificed to the person
        picking up.</span></p>
    <p><span data-start="248" data-end="265">When living in Berkeley,
        "the CoOp CheeseBoard" Pizza place had lines down the street at
        opening on Thurs/Fri evenings and as you made it to the order
        spot (I think there were like only 2 or 3 choices of topping and
        1 size?) you could choose to have an extra slice in your hand to
        eat while you shuffled forward another dozen people to pick up
        your order, or you could elect to have them drop the extra slice
        into the top-box...  </span></p>
    <p><span data-start="248" data-end="265">Marcus may queue up on
        Thurs/Friday night still?  I'm left wondering if the old (tiny
        by today's standards) firestation around the corner converted to
        a wine warehouse named the Vine Pump is still there?  The queue
        often started near there making it easy to grab a "tasting"
        before getting in line!  I'm no connoisseur but did pick up a
        few. cases of great tasting bargains over the year there most of
        which I gifted forward.   There had been a bumper year of grapes
        and it was not hard to pick up a decent case price of $144 or
        less &lt;grin&gt;.  Rumours some of the wines were deliberately
        down-labeled from well known/revered wines at many times the
        price?  Probably an Urban Legend.</span></p>
    <p><span data-start="248" data-end="265"><br>
      </span></p>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:1ba88621-acae-4eba-8408-c43a3ced7c14@gmail.com">On
      9/10/25 11:29 AM, Jon Zingale wrote:
      <br>
      <blockquote type="cite">This forum is gross.
        <br>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>