<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
</head>
<body dir="auto">
<div dir="ltr">Strategic incompetence with classical tools leads to salary bonuses in the QC world. </div>
<div dir="ltr"><br>
<blockquote type="cite">On Sep 25, 2025, at 2:19\u202fPM, Jon Zingale <jonzingale@gmail.com> wrote:<br>
<br>
</blockquote>
</div>
<blockquote type="cite">
<div dir="ltr">\ufeff
<div dir="ltr">
<div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333">
"<span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">Either than or the noise is a regularization, and they aren\u2019t getting a quantum benefit but more like a dropout boost."</span></div>
<div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333">
<br>
</div>
<div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333">
Ha. I knew I posted to the right channel. I wouldn't have been able to catch that, though I would have imagined various classical regularization parameter sweeps would have been part of the fine-tuning of their null model. I'm still trying to wrap my head around
what the quantum data transform is supposed to buy, is it effectively a preprocessor for a classical learning model?</div>
</div>
<span>.- .-.. .-.. / ..-. --- --- - . .-. ... / .- .-. . / .-- .-. --- -. --. / ... --- -- . / .- .-. . / ..- ... . ..-. ..- .-..</span><br>
<span>FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv</span><br>
<span>Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe / Thursdays 9a-12p Zoom https://bit.ly/virtualfriam</span><br>
<span>to (un)subscribe http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com</span><br>
<span>FRIAM-COMIC http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/</span><br>
<span>archives: 5/2017 thru present https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/</span><br>
<span> 1/2003 thru 6/2021 http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/</span><br>
</div>
</blockquote>
</body>
</html>