<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto">I\u2019m sorry for the misprint. The correct term is aphantasia.<div><br></div><div>It took 15 minutes with a handful of people at thuam for the categories to break down horribly. My prediction was based on no great insite. I had divided the world up into picture people and word people assume that our word. I claimed no wisdom here, only prejudices I seem to be a.-side myself<br id="lineBreakAtBeginningOfSignature"><div dir="ltr">Sent from my Dumb <span style="font-size: 17pt;">Phone</span></div><div dir="ltr"><br>On Nov 6, 2025, at 1:02\u202fPM, Prof David West <profwest@fastmail.fm> wrote:<br><br></div><div dir="ltr">\ufeff<span>Yes, please, what Eric asked.</span><br><span></span><br><span>I would expect most people on this list to tend towards the "hyper," not the "apha."</span><br><span></span><br><span>davew</span><br><span></span><br><span></span><br><span>On Thu, Nov 6, 2025, at 10:38 AM, Santafe wrote:</span><br><blockquote type="cite"><span>That\u2019s interesting, Nick (on limited time here, but just for a while)</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span>On Nov 6, 2025, at 11:19, Nicholas Thompson <thompnickson2@gmail.com> wrote:</span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><span>Given the work that many of you do, many of you are candidates for "aphatasia" </span><br></blockquote></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>Can you say more about why you expect a correlation? This is not an </span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>association that would ever have occurred to me.</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>Eric</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>.- .-.. .-.. / ..-. --- --- - . .-. ... / .- .-. . / .-- .-. --- -. --. </span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>/ ... --- -- . / .- .-. . / ..- ... . ..-. ..- .-..</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe / Thursdays 9a-12p Zoom </span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>https://bit.ly/virtualfriam</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>to (un)subscribe http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>FRIAM-COMIC http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>archives: 5/2017 thru present </span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span>https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><span> 1/2003 thru 6/2021 http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/</span><br></blockquote><span></span><br><span>.- .-.. .-.. / ..-. --- --- - . .-. ... / .- .-. . / .-- .-. --- -. --. / ... --- -- . / .- .-. . / ..- ... . ..-. ..- .-..</span><br><span>FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv</span><br><span>Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe / Thursdays 9a-12p Zoom https://bit.ly/virtualfriam</span><br><span>to (un)subscribe http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com</span><br><span>FRIAM-COMIC http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/</span><br><span>archives: 5/2017 thru present https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/</span><br><span> 1/2003 thru 6/2021 http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/</span><br></div></div></body></html>