<div dir="ltr"><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333">Part of what I like about co-constructing hyperdoctrines, AI generated video, sauna-cold plunges or \u03a8 is that they help me to loosen and reconfigure my bindings. I am personally not convinced of anything like actual objects beyond maybe some non-Turing computable grounding stream. Yet like Glen&#39;s colleagues and their fiefdoms, I am confronted everyday by individual&#39;s defending their crisp boundaries. The economist who is sure that there is not a hundred dollars simply sitting on the ground to be picked up.<br><br>When I was young I was easily seduced by bodies of philosophical literature into seeking thinkers that I believed *had it right*. Now I am excited by the great diversity of postures, experiences, and perspectives that are all but alien to me. I am thrilled when I realize new affordances in myself, new modes of being that were not there before. To some extent, this is what I wanted to say about Euler&#39;s infinitesimals. I have had quite a few friends that would recommend Deleuze over the years, but it wasn&#39;t until I got clear on how different the underlying logic (and encoded sense) of Robinson was from that of Cauchy that Deleuze&#39;s thought became accessible to me. This wasn&#39;t so much because one has to read Euler and Robinson before they can read Deleuze, but instead because my training in the thought of Cauchy had canalized my bindings in a particular configuration. A configuration that, for me, presented Deleuze as nonsense.<br><br>I suppose I am imagining a kind of Pascal&#39;s wager. If my intuition regarding the non-computable stream is correct, that the universe is endlessly producing novelty while forgetting itself, it only makes sense to revisit the boundaries of one&#39;s inevitably constructed objects as an adaptive strategy. If not, well, hey.</div></div>