<div dir="ltr"><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333">Ok, maybe not complete trash, but I am finding that I have to be more careful about what data is there and what questions I can ask of it.</div><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333"><br></div><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333">For instance, the spot dates don&#39;t always correspond to an option date in a nice way, which adds a lot of noise when trying to cobble together meaningful time series. While the lags aren&#39;t awful:<br><br>Lag (days) -&gt; count of observations:<br>  0: 217<br>  1: 95<br>  2: 16<br>  3: 3<br>  4: 2<br>  8: 1<br> 11: 1<br><br></div><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333"> They are bad enough to watch.<br><br>In the chart I offered, for instance, the last midpoint call price corresponds to a date far enough away from yesterday to be misleading.</div><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333"><br></div><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333">I am sure there are some other nasty holes like that. In the meantime, I am trying to find better questions to ask. One question is how well delta acts as a proxy to probability, in practice. So far the evidence is that it is not very good at all for this data set until one gets out to about 75 DTE:<br><br>~0.5-delta calls empirical ITM: 0.22580645161290322<br>tenor=75: delta\u22480.25: empirical ITM=0.500<br>tenor=75: delta\u22480.35: empirical ITM=0.333<br>tenor=75: delta\u22480.45: empirical ITM=0.500<br>tenor=75: delta\u22480.55: empirical ITM=0.667<br>tenor=75: delta\u22480.65: empirical ITM=0.500<br><br>Then it gets ok for a bit before getting bad again.</div></div>