<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>In a lame attempt to relight a flickering flame here:</p>
    <p>The whole ClawdBot/MoltBook thing has come into my awareness in
      the last few days and I suspect some folks here with similar
      histories to my own (specifically the <a moz-do-not-send="true"
        href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_War">Core Wars</a>, <a
        moz-do-not-send="true"
href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tierra_(computer_simulation)">Tierra</a>,
      <a moz-do-not-send="true"
        href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_artificial_life">ALife</a>,
      early Social-Media era) might be similarly fascinated to see such
      experiments trying to jump the sides of their cage and eat their
      keepers? </p>
    <blockquote>
      <p><a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandkings_(novelette)"
          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandkings_(novelette)</a> </p>
      <p>    - nod to JRR Martin and Guerin's favorite NetLogo Ant-ABM
        demos and Marcus/Glen's SWARM-roots.</p>
    </blockquote>
    <p>ClawdBot <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="https://openclaw.ai/"
        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">https://openclaw.ai/</a></p>
    <p>MoltBook <a moz-do-not-send="true"
        href="https://www.moltbook.com/" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">https://www.moltbook.com/</a></p>
    <p><a moz-do-not-send="true"
        href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_artificial_life"
        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_artificial_life</a></p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/3/26 5:45 pm, Jon Zingale wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAH5Jek2LMAd5u0BpJ8MMEyzDJineoOhJsVMGeev0rxLWcyQBQA@mail.gmail.com">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div class="gmail_default"
style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333">I
          know I came to this group in what appears to be its twilight.
          The in-person meetups are weirdly sad. I feel pressed to ask
          if it is the case that everyone is either:</div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333">1.
          on vacation/ too busy</div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333">2.
          too depressed / failing to find inspiration</div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333">3.
          moved on to greener forums</div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333">4.
          preferring the company of LLMs</div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333">...</div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333">N.
          waiting for someone frail to post</div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333">Sometimes
          I trawl reddit or whatever discord, but I cannot help but feel
          like beacons of inspiration are becoming fewer and further
          between. This group has managed to inspire me, keep my
          interest, for over a decade. In that time, I pushed myself to
          understand perspectives that I would never have dreamed
          existed. I hope there is still something to talk about.</div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#333333"><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre wrap="" class="moz-quote-pre">.- .-.. .-.. / ..-. --- --- - . .-. ... / .- .-. . / .-- .-. --- -. --. / ... --- -- . / .- .-. . / ..- ... . ..-. ..- .-..
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe   /   Thursdays 9a-12p Zoom <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://bit.ly/virtualfriam">https://bit.ly/virtualfriam</a>
to (un)subscribe <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com">http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com</a>
FRIAM-COMIC <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/">http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/</a>
archives:  5/2017 thru present <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/">https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/</a>
  1/2003 thru 6/2021  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/">http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>