<div dir="ltr"><div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:#000000">Moltbook is fascinating, but what is it&#39;s purpose? Fear we&#39;ll be swarmed? Silly to the max? ...?</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Tue, Feb 3, 2026 at 7:32\u202fPM Steve Smith &lt;<a href="mailto:sasmyth@swcp.com">sasmyth@swcp.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><u></u>

  
    
  
  <div>
    <p>In a lame attempt to relight a flickering flame here:</p>
    <p>The whole ClawdBot/MoltBook thing has come into my awareness in
      the last few days and I suspect some folks here with similar
      histories to my own (specifically the <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_War" target="_blank">Core Wars</a>, <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tierra_(computer_simulation)" target="_blank">Tierra</a>,
      <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_artificial_life" target="_blank">ALife</a>,
      early Social-Media era) might be similarly fascinated to see such
      experiments trying to jump the sides of their cage and eat their
      keepers? </p>
    <blockquote>
      <p><a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandkings_(novelette)" target="_blank">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandkings_(novelette)</a> </p>
      <p>    - nod to JRR Martin and Guerin&#39;s favorite NetLogo Ant-ABM
        demos and Marcus/Glen&#39;s SWARM-roots.</p>
    </blockquote>
    <p>ClawdBot <a href="https://openclaw.ai/" target="_blank">https://openclaw.ai/</a></p>
    <p>MoltBook <a href="https://www.moltbook.com/" target="_blank">https://www.moltbook.com/</a></p>
    <p><a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_artificial_life" target="_blank">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_artificial_life</a></p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div>On 2/3/26 5:45 pm, Jon Zingale wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite">
      
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(51,51,51)">I
          know I came to this group in what appears to be its twilight.
          The in-person meetups are weirdly sad. I feel pressed to ask
          if it is the case that everyone is either:</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(51,51,51)"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(51,51,51)">1.
          on vacation/ too busy</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(51,51,51)">2.
          too depressed / failing to find inspiration</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(51,51,51)">3.
          moved on to greener forums</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(51,51,51)">4.
          preferring the company of LLMs</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(51,51,51)">...</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(51,51,51)">N.
          waiting for someone frail to post</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(51,51,51)"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(51,51,51)">Sometimes
          I trawl reddit or whatever discord, but I cannot help but feel
          like beacons of inspiration are becoming fewer and further
          between. This group has managed to inspire me, keep my
          interest, for over a decade. In that time, I pushed myself to
          understand perspectives that I would never have dreamed
          existed. I hope there is still something to talk about.</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(51,51,51)"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(51,51,51)"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(51,51,51)"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:small;color:rgb(51,51,51)"><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset></fieldset>
      <pre>.- .-.. .-.. / ..-. --- --- - . .-. ... / .- .-. . / .-- .-. --- -. --. / ... --- -- . / .- .-. . / ..- ... . ..-. ..- .-..
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe   /   Thursdays 9a-12p Zoom <a href="https://bit.ly/virtualfriam" target="_blank">https://bit.ly/virtualfriam</a>
to (un)subscribe <a href="http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com" target="_blank">http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com</a>
FRIAM-COMIC <a href="http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/</a>
archives:  5/2017 thru present <a href="https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/" target="_blank">https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/</a>
  1/2003 thru 6/2021  <a href="http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/" target="_blank">http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </div>

.- .-.. .-.. / ..-. --- --- - . .-. ... / .- .-. . / .-- .-. --- -. --. / ... --- -- . / .- .-. . / ..- ... . ..-. ..- .-..<br>
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv<br>
Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe   /   Thursdays 9a-12p Zoom <a href="https://bit.ly/virtualfriam" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://bit.ly/virtualfriam</a><br>
to (un)subscribe <a href="http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com</a><br>
FRIAM-COMIC <a href="http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/</a><br>
archives:  5/2017 thru present <a href="https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/</a><br>
  1/2003 thru 6/2021  <a href="http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/</a><br>
</blockquote></div>