<div dir="auto"><div>Impressive work Roger!<div dir="auto"><br><div dir="auto">On another note: I emailed you directly regarding your request for challenging programming work.</div></div><br><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Fri, Feb 6, 2026, 9:37 PM Roger Frye <<a href="mailto:frye.roger@gmail.com">frye.roger@gmail.com</a>> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div style="line-break:after-white-space">In 1988, Noam Elkies at Harvard and I collaborated on finding counter-examples to Euler\u2019s 1769 conjecture about sums of 4th powers. He proved that there are an infinite number of counter-examples, and I used all of the Connection Machines at Thinking Machines to find the smallest.<div><br></div><div>Since then, other researchers have used variations of my brute force technique and Elkies\u2019 Elliptic Curve technique to extend the number of known solutions. As of yesterday, there were 93 solutions less than 1e27. Today I found 4 more with a newer Elliptic Curve technique.</div><div><br></div><div>I published my result as a comment at Math StackExchange: <a href="https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/4857229/on-why-solutions-to-x4y4z4-1-come-in-pairs/5123321" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/4857229/on-why-solutions-to-x4y4z4-1-come-in-pairs/5123321</a> .</div><div><br></div><div>The code I used is in my GitHub repository: <a href="https://github.com/rfryeSigma" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">https://github.com/rfryeSigma</a> .</div><div><br></div><div>-Roger</div><div>p.s. I am looking for programming work. I specialize in Machine Learning and physics simulations, but I would be interested in anything challenging.</div></div>.- .-.. .-.. / ..-. --- --- - . .-. ... / .- .-. . / .-- .-. --- -. --. / ... --- -- . / .- .-. . / ..- ... . ..-. ..- .-..<br>
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv<br>
Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe / Thursdays 9a-12p Zoom <a href="https://bit.ly/virtualfriam" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://bit.ly/virtualfriam</a><br>
to (un)subscribe <a href="http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com</a><br>
FRIAM-COMIC <a href="http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/</a><br>
archives: 5/2017 thru present <a href="https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/</a><br>
1/2003 thru 6/2021 <a href="http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/</a><br>
</blockquote></div></div></div>