<div dir="ltr">I just found out about podman and pods. Alas the specifi language used (containers, systemd, system.init etc etc) goes over my head: but I think I get the gist which is where I want to blow this wide open to yeet out a litterally complex programing question:<div>First can somekind person Eli5 to someone who is...kind of a retard: Containers keep programs (and files permissions) organized (ish)- right?</div><div>Without starting a holy war:</div><div>Eli5: what on earth the first parts are: systemd: System: Demon but-? I get soo lost aft that. Then the mind bender:</div><div>What kind of black magic is it that I can (try to) get cuttedge tech: ai, in a sandbox running the background. And yet: when just this morning got ideas because I was kind of a retard and accidently suggested it was fine to try to delete my  boot drive. I said see if you can figure out why my Linux upgrade refuses to stay the boot disk. I didn&#39;t think that through that She might attempt remove things to make it organized. the trip: </div><div>Wowza! that is a living(ish) thing and me miscomunicating it&#39;s like: wow we have Ai(ish-very ish) So how was it that without to much understanding of podman: despite setting it&#39;s walls as read only (read only permissions if i set things up right) my little Ai buddy(sensabily) tried to escape rather than making a text file like I asked. Oops well COOL because that means me and this agent LLM need to work on comunication skills</div><div>But then: wow: mind, blown. If a few poeple would like to toss in a deep dive to how containers work(complex apps--litterally complicated): so I can understand this magic better, and also soak in youtube so I don&#39;t acidintally spam all the tech that I just don&#39;t understand.<br><br></div><div>Ajacent to that: to me, this makes way more sense: keeping programs in a sandbox: just so the rest of the computer doesn&#39;t become a mess and also since I do want to have...agencts? ai? what&#39;s the terminogy for something that sits in the back to randomly do things and I interface with text and profiles?  or is that just LLM? I want to start right on my learning ^_^ danke.</div><div><br></div><div>And once again Steve Mea culpa on the excitement about going to space and generally really neet to see humans getting to gether but still: Mea Culpa.</div><div><br></div></div>