[FRIAM] scanning an old manuscript

Dan Roller dan000roller at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 16:45:37 EST 2017

I also think $100 is cheap, if the scan is good.

Last Monday Abbyy Reader’s $99 special ended.  I think they are pretty good at OCR.

If you don’t like Fedex’s OCR, but you have the scanned images, I’d stuff them into my Tesseract OCR for a second opinion.  I’ve had been trying to OCR some truly dreadful images of WPA typewritten reports on onionskin paper for the NM Library as a volunteer.

Dan