[FRIAM] Cargo Cult

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Sun Nov 19 12:03:50 EST 2017

Nick -

Yes!  Thanks for putting this on the table...  your calling this out
made me aware that I was almost assuredly introduced to the concept in
Feynman's "Joking" memoir.  At the time, I remember feeling vaguely
(condescendingly) superior to the subjects of the anecdote.

Our current populist "magical thinking" is a bit less understandable
(forgiveable), however...   but still worth understanding as best we can
how to turn that around... but painful to watch.

- Steve