[FRIAM] Fwd: Grad Students Would Be Hit By Massive Tax Hike Under House GOP Plan : NPR

┣glen┫ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 11:02:11 EST 2017

I don't know.  I *wish* that were the case, that the (mostly) lawyers we elect to argue about stuff we don't want to argue about, were crafty enough to plant poison pills.  Was it Napoleon who said: "Never ascribe malice where incompetence will suffice."?  We could modify that slightly to: Never ascribe cleverness where incompetence will suffice.  But I'm gullible.  Our (Oregon) congress members seem relatively authentic, even our Republican.  But who knows?

   https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/disliking-congress-as-a-whole-and-as-individuals/

--
␦glen?