[FRIAM] on Feynman, again

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 12 17:26:57 EDT 2017

Glen, etc.

I took issue not with Feynman as a person, but with the off-quoted "aphorism", attributed to him,  that scientists have no more use for philosophy of science than birds have for ornithology.  The only reason birds don't have use for ornithology is that they can't read.  I assume that that disability does not apply to the scientists mentioned in the aphorism.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson