[FRIAM] Truth: “Hunh! What is it good for? Absolutely Nothing!”

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 09:53:05 EDT 2017

Nick, David: you are both correct.

Frank

Frank Wimberly
Phone (505) 670-9918

On Oct 15, 2017 12:44 AM, "Prof David West" <profwest at fastmail.fm> wrote:

Hi Nick,I write from Vienna. I will be back in Utah next week and at
FRIAM for a couple of weeks starting in mid-December. You can apply cold
compresses then, or just toss me in a snow bank.

The "edge" that you do not recognize is present in your response. First,
you propose a probabilistic/statistical "method" for discovery of the
'certainty' of a property of the signal. Why? What makes that method
privileged? I.e. what is it about Probability that merits using it as a
Philosopher's Stone? More egregious is the use of the term "rational
man" — this is what I meant about allowing only some individuals at the
conversational table.

see you in December