[FRIAM] Truth: “Hunh! What is it good for? Absolutely Nothing!”

gⅼеɳ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 14:18:10 EDT 2017

Perfectly stated, Marcus!

It might also be useful to note that drugs like LSD, whether Dave meant them this way or not, are VERY good belief demolishers.  This is, I think, the heart of why psilocybin helps some terminally ill finish their lives in a happier state.  I also think it's why cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) is more successful than most other talk therapies, because a crucial component is to challenge one's absolutist and/or apocalyptic language.  (I.e. they encourage you to replace "I can't stand it when" with "I have trouble when" ... etc.)

The benefit of (at least methodological) pluralism is, precisely, to help "crack the cosmic egg" we often find ourselves trapped in ... one that we've often built for ourselves, even.

--
☣ gⅼеɳ