[FRIAM] death

gⅼеɳ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 16:46:29 EDT 2017

Hm.  I suppose we could think of a UTM in the same way we think of an ANN.  A large enough ANN becomes a look up table.  A UTM could be conceived (simply?) as some sort of an index for all the algorithms (possible or real).  Rather than extending out in time (complicated, infinitely extensible tape), it's extended out in space and hierarchically in "orders".  (I feel sure this is someone else's idea, but have no idea where I got it ... sounds a bit like the parallel worlds interpretation of QM, though ... maybe Deutsch?)  Given a spatially extended UTM, (specific algorithm) death would *not* be necessary.  But some conception of interruptibility  or parallelism seems necessary also.  If a UTM couldn't stop, mid-algorithm, to work on some other problem, then perhaps death is still needed?

--
☣ gⅼеɳ