[FRIAM] Enlightened Self Interest: was Help for texas

gepr ⛧ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 06:49:08 EDT 2017

There is no such thing as enlightened self interest. Enlightenment is (well, includes anyway) the realization that "self" is an illusion. Moreover, it's a willful illusion, one we can consciously manipulate. So, I agree with your basic idea that we can manipulate our sense of self. But I think anyone who chooses to define their "self" in terms of anything smaller than the entire universe CHOOSES to be selfish.

Just to be clear, I don't condemn anyone for choosing to be selfish. But our world would be a lot more pleasant if more people chose to be less selfish.

--
⛧glen⛧