[FRIAM] The World Turned Upside Down (and what to do about it)

gⅼеɳ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 16:03:45 EDT 2017

Well, Republicans aren't so bad.  It's the conservative wing of their party that's bad.  Similarly, Democrats aren't as bad as the Bernie-bros make them out.  It's the conservative wing of the Democrats that's bad.  So, to be clear, I like the majority of the Republicans I know.  And I like the majority of the Democrats I know.  Fortunately, my personality is such that thin-skinned people don't spend much time around me.  And most conservatives are very thin-skinned.

But I'm not merely talking about technology, though I think you're wrong about its influence.  Even if you're right, we still have plenty to be hopeful about: Obamacare, more experiments in UBI, people are living longer, murder is dropping, more people are recognizing their own implicit racism, our country's people are becoming a beautiful taupe color, I can go to pretty much any pub in Portland and listen to music with African or Middle Eastern influences, etc etc on and on.

The only thing you have to fear is fear, itself.

--
☣ gⅼеɳ