[FRIAM] Wimsical silly question re: coffee making

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Tue Sep 19 21:57:00 EDT 2017

Ooops... the "reply-to" on the list reflector seems not to be the list
by default, so this just went to Merle the first time!

Gil -

    I don't use an automated coffee maker often, but when I do (e.g.
    motel or visiting a friend) I forget that the filling system is
    measured in 8 oz cups but my expectations are closer to a 12 ounce
    mugfull, so 4 cups of water in yields something closer to 2.5 mugs
    out and of course if I"m on the west coast, the mugs are 16 ouncers
    which REALLY aggravates the situation!

  - Steve

PS.  a more whimsical answer is that you can probably expect to find the
extra coffee in your laundry from time to time and some mismatched socks
in your coffeemaker somewhere down the line!