[FRIAM] Doxastic logic - Wikipedia

gⅼеɳ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 12:27:56 EDT 2017

It's definitely sage.  But the sagacity doesn't hinge on the word "science", it hinges on the word _useful_.  Science is often thought to be a body of knowledge.  But there's a huge swath of people, me included, who think science is not knowledge, but a method/behavior for formulating and testing hypotheses.  It's not clear to me that Feynman actually said this.  But Feynman is a good candidate because he cared far more about what you _do_ than what you claim to _know_.

Philosophy (of anything) can be useful.  But to any working scientist, it is far less useful than, say, glass blowing, programming, or cell sorting.  And if you think distinguishing between the usefulness of beakers from the usefulness of ... oh, let's say Popper's 3 worlds, then your expression says more about you than it does about them.

--
☣ gⅼеɳ