[FRIAM] Doxastic logic - Wikipedia

gⅼеɳ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 16:57:16 EDT 2017

Excellent digestion!  I'll fully admit that my body has a kind of momentum.  The running example is perfect.  For the 1st mile (for certain), every breath and every step seems equivalently doubted, ungainly, awkward.  As I literally force myself into the 2nd mile, I suspect my body changes.  I begin thinking about other things.  Some automatic part of me has begun to take control.  By the 4th mile, I am completely automatic.

That automation seems to be a forcing structure.  In contrast, when I'm doing calisthenics, I never achieve such automation.  At any given position or movement, any one of my multifarious weaknesses might cause me to fail.  My lower or upper back kinks or spasms, the cartiledge in my wrist will crumple, my epicondyl will sprain, etc.  I can get into a kind of "flow" or groove when doing it, so that my self dissolves or I begin thinking about other things.  But here, unlike running, as soon as I begin thinking about my body again, that momentum evaporates and I, again, doubt every movement.

So, there are some types of activity that have more "convinced" regimes than other types of activity.  In my 4th mile of running, I am like Nick, convinced of some "belief", with no doubt.  But I never achieve that state in calisthenics.

--
☣ gⅼеɳ