[FRIAM] The Atlantic article on "the illusion of reality"

Russell Standish lists at hpcoders.com.au
Thu Sep 21 18:54:20 EDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 10:44:51PM +0000, Marcus Daniels wrote:

> Isn't it plausible that there are different psychological laws in
> different bubbles of the multiverse?

Obviously. Differences in "laws" means they're not laws, of course, but
geographical facts.

> How would minds span these multiverses to find out if there are universal laws?

In much the same way as porcupines have sex - with difficulty! But I'm
an optimistic guy - I think it is doable. Ultimately, we probably
won't know for sure, though, without a decent theory of consciousness.

Dr Russell Standish                    Phone 0425 253119 (mobile)
Principal, High Performance Coders
Visiting Senior Research Fellow        hpcoder at hpcoders.com.au
Economics, Kingston University         http://www.hpcoders.com.au