[FRIAM] Oh, Gawd!

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 11 14:11:32 EST 2018

Here I am asking for your help, again.

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: Does anybody know of an easy way to recover a defunct
website, for the City University of Santa Fe, cusf.org, from the
WayBackMachine?

SUPPORTING BLATHER:

As the members of the Mother Church know, The Santa Fe University of Art and
Design is collapsing
(https://retakeourdemocracy.org/2018/02/11/santa-fe-launches-sf-university-o
f-art-design-community-input-roundhouse-update-hb-325-chaco-more/ )and
leaving behind a white elephant of a campus for the City to develop as it
sees fit;.  It includes a stunning, state-of-the-art, theatre.  There is a
process in progress, running over the next few months, to engage the public
in development planning.

I have always felt that Santa Fe ought to be a University town.  It has
great coffee shops, zillions of retired professors, art galleries and
performance spaces galore, and a plethora of Institutes and other
intellectual organizations which are post graduate institutes in all but
name.  The last time this happened, I was young and idealistic (only 70) and
I set about chartering an institution I called the City University of Santa
Fe, a membership organization whose job it would be to support the
transition of the old  College of Santa Fe to a full-fledged University and
to use the retired faculty in Santa Fe as a bridging faculty.  We had a web
page, we ran some seminars, it was fun.  In the end, Laureate Industries
took over the campus, and it looked like CUSF was unnecessary.  But here we
are again, and I would like to be able to pass on the charter and the
concept to the people who are thinking about the future of the SFUAD campus.

The favor I am asking is as follows.  I cannot recover the website.  I have
been told that there is something called the Way Back Machine that contains
old websites.  I tried to work with it and I have some evidence that the
materials do exist, there, but I could not bring them up.  I believe (but am
not sure) that it was hosted by GoDaddy or BraveNet and that the site
address was cusf.org.  Unfortunately, that address has been scooped up twice
since by others.

Do any of you know how to make the WayBackMachine hum?

Please be advised , those of you who don't know me well, that I am the
original tar-baby of time wasting, so be careful where you put your first
paw.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson