[FRIAM] Scant evidence of power laws

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 17 12:19:13 EST 2018

Absolute power corrupts absolutely – Lord Acton

The article is very good.  I recommend it to my fellow “citizens”.

What always amazes me about physicists is how easily they slide between their descriptive laws and their explanatory principles.  Is the power law a descriptive generality that can be falsified by statistical analysis or an “underlying Reality” that is true no matter what the data say.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

 <http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/> http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/