[FRIAM] Awesome! one step closer to startreky inetneret

Jochen Fromm jofr at cas-group.net
Fri Jan 12 13:51:30 EST 2018

Subspace communication!
Is there anything from Star Trek that has not become a reality? VR Headsets allow Beaming and Holodecks, smartphones are communicators and tricorders, ..
This is why I was disappointed by the new Star Trek Discovery series. They show nothing new, only well-known Klingons who grunt all the time.
-J.

Sent from my tricorder
-------- Original message --------From: Gillian Densmore <gil.densmore at gmail.com> Date: 1/12/18  17:33  (GMT+01:00) To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam at redfish.com> Subject: [FRIAM] Awesome! one step closer to startreky inetneret
https://twitter.com/PhysicsWorld/status/951851732874727424

I only skimmed it.  And I will differ to others that understand it better. Looks like it's now possible to basically have magnetic flags shout realy loudly such that other magets can here it. And that leads to a conversation between the two so as that  it now can find a doodad or place. where a TinCaninSpace (highlight technical term for GPS Satalight) can't find you.
Speculation: Would that  lead to (finally!) having gigabyte internet with radio via spectrum hopping techniques? and or  more reliable Phones and other gizmos?
And if anyone knows could that be used so as flying robots can delever stuff. At least till we  get around to making teleporters and replicators?  Or do both.