[FRIAM] Los "países de mierda" le dejan millones de dólares a EE.UU.

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon Jan 22 12:36:37 EST 2018

< Many DACA kids have no real connection to the country they might get shipped to either. Maybe a whole bunch of us could get  "a free one-way plane ticket to return to the country you want" as Ann Coulter put it. >

With Amazon and Azure servers all over the world, and high speed networking and teleconferencing becoming ubiquitous, I wonder if there will soon come a day when there are few advantages to being in North America, Europe, or Asia?   Living in major U.S. cities is a pain with the cost of real estate and the constant traffic problems.  I don't need to be motivated by a manager to do my work -- really their presence just reduces my productivity.    On the other extreme are outposts like Los Alamos where there is really way too little alternative economic activity.

Still, if I look at jobs at a big company like Microsoft, there are more interesting (and high paying) jobs in a city like Seattle compared to Mexico City.    Maybe if enough of us take Coulter's advice the U.S. wil become the protectionist sh*thole -- the last resort for the underskilled.

Marcus