[FRIAM] merging with the mob

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Tue Jan 23 11:32:52 EST 2018

< The fractures we're seeing in society, I think, are caused by an artificial discretization between individuals and tribes.  Millionaires discretize themselves from minimum wage workers.  Retired people discretize themselves from the working class.  Cops discretize themselves from the populace they police.  Etc.  If people would, more often, set aside their (mostly illusory anyway) agency and focus on accepting a Pawn role in others' games, we'd see fewer fractures. >

This may be true, but for me it is not about agency or identity. My `tribe’, if you insist on that word, is anonymous and (I believe, at least) pursues group goals not individual goals.   I don’t even know a Dreamer, but if there is a government shutdown in order to secure their place in this country, that’s fine with me.  It seems to me what you advocate is an exercise in incrementalism and tolerance of intolerance.  You’ll adapt to local rules because the counterparty feels the need to have them.    Maybe they just shouldn’t be like that in the first place.    Maybe what is _needed_ is a good strong amplification of conflict to bring things into focus?

Marcus